Competition Team Classes
Will begin Monday, August 5th 2019
Will begin Tuesday, September 3rd. (The day after Labor Day.) Classes for the studio will conclude on Saturday, June 13th 2020
To Register for the 2019/2020 Season, you’ll need the following:
- Both the registration form and medical release form filled out completely and signed by the legal parent or guardian.
- Registration fee payment of $37.00 per dancer
- Recital fee of $25.00 (non-competitive), $35.00 or $40.00 (depending on class or team)
- $15.00 for recital video
- ½ of 2020 June tuition paid for all non-competitive dancers
- $58.00 recital costume and performance tights. Competition teams will receive a team fee with first payment due July 1st.
Below is a description of what each fee is:
A $37.00 fee is due upon registration for the 2019/2020 dance season. For families of 3 or more, there will be no fee for the 3rd or 4th child, and so on. This fee is not refundable.
Recital & Video Fee
For non-competitive dancers the recital fee is $40.00 per dancer. For families with more than one dancer, you will only need to pay the $15.00 video fee, one time. (So if you have 3 dancers at the $40 recital rate, you’d pay $40.00 for the first child, and $25.00 for each there after.) For competition level 1 & 2 dancers the recital fee is $50.00 per dancer. For competition level 3 & 4 dancers the recital fee is $55.00 per dancer. The recital fee is due at the time of registration and is non-refundable. We do not charge admission fees for our recital. The recital fee includes free admission for you, your family, and all guests that you invite. It also includes your recital video upload by a professional videotographer. There are no other discounts for registratiopn fees.
Costumes for Non-Competitive Dancers
For each non-competitive performance class that a student is enrolled in, a $58.00 costume fee will be required. The costume fees are are due at the date provided at registration. (If your dancer is enrolled in 2 performance classes such as one tap and one jazz, you would need to pay $116.00 and so forth.) The costume fee will include a pair of performance tights. These fees are non-refundable after October 31st. If costumes have been purchased prior to that date, the fee will not be refunded.
Competition Costumes and Competition Fees
Competition dancers have team fees for the total amount of all costumes and competitions. These fees are non-refundable after October 31st. If costumes have been purchased prior to that date, the fee will not be refunded. If your dancer chooses to drop one or all classes after costumes and competitions have been paid for, you will be responsible for paying those fees. Those fees are not refundable to us so, therefore, they are not refundable to you. Your first team fee payment will be due on July 1st. All fee totals are divided by 8 monthly payments and will need to be paid in full by February 1st. You can also pay half or full fees by July 1st, or half in July and the other half by February 1st. After February 1st a late fee of $25.00 will be added to all accounts that are delinquent for each month it is late.
Tuition is due on the first lesson of each month. We give you a 10 day grace period in which your tuition needs to be paid. If tuition is not paid by the 10th of the month, a $10.00 late fee will be added to late tuition for every month that it is late. If the late fee is not included, the late fee payment will be charged to the credit card that we have on file. Tuition remains the same every month whether it’s a three-week month or a five-week month. There are NO discounts or refunds for missed lessons. Dancers may attend another class or classes at their ability level to make up missed classes or short months at no extra charge. Dancers whose tuition is 30 days late or more will not be permitted to participate in class until the tuition has been paid in full. There is a $25.00 fee for all return checks.
Class price is listed per month
- 45 minute class per week - $43.00 per month ($10.75 per class) (morning classes are $38.00)
- 1 hour class per week - $49.00 per month (4 hrs a month = $12.25 per hour) (morning/mid-day are $42.00)
- 1 1/2 hours per week - $70.00 per month (6 hrs per month = $12.00 per hour)
- 2 hours per week - $85.00 per month (8 hrs a month = $10.63 per hour)
- 3 hours per week - $105.00 per month (12 hrs a month = $8.75 per hour)
- 4 hours per week- $125.00 per month (16 hrs a month = $7.81 per hour)
- 5 hours per week - $145.00 per month (20 hrs per month = $7.00 per hour)
- 6 hours per week - $165.00 per month (24 hours per month = $7.25 per hour)
- 7 hours per week - $185.00 per month (28 hours per month = $6.61 per hour)
- 8 hours per week - $205.00 per month (32 hours per month = $6.40 per hour)
- 9 hours per week - $225.00 per month (36 hours per month = $6.25 per hour)
- 10 hours per week - $245.00 per month (40 hours per month = $6.12 per hour)
- 2+ hours per week, each additional 45 minutes or one hour class add $20.00 per month to your tuition.
- Unlimited classes are offered at $275.00 per month
Private Lessons and Solos/Duets/Trios:
- Solos – $450.00 total - $375 to be paid directly to choreographer; $75.00 to be paid to LoMo.
- Duets – $491.00 or $208. 00 per dancer to choreographer. $37.50 each to be paid to LoMo.
- Trios – $522.00 or $149.00 per dancer to choreographer- $25.00 each to be paid to LoMo.
- The price includes - choreography, 5 one hour classes with the choreographer. (Anything after that will need to include the private lesson fee payable to the teacher), 2 hours of studio time to practice, and the spring recital. If additional studio time is needed, you’ll need to pay $15.00 per 45 minute – 1 hour for use time. Music cuts are $55.00 per routine and need to be paid separately.
- Private lessons – $35.00 per half hour, or $50.00 per hour made payable to the instructor.
For families with two dancers, the second dancer will receive a $5.00 discount off of their monthly tuition. For families of three or more, all three will receive a 10% discount off of full tuition. A 5% discount will be applied for paying the full year’s tuition up front by October 1st; however, if a student withdraws from the studio mid-year, a 10% fee will be applied to refund any remaining tuition. If paying by credit card a 3% fee will still be added on to your total.
Credit Card Payments and Venmo
Credit and debit card payments are accepted, but we prefer that you pay using cash, check or Venmo. If using Venmo send payments to @Diane-Hawker. There will be a 3% fee added to all credit/debit card payments. You can pay using a credit card during office hours at the studio, or you can set up automatic payments at one of our registration days. If you set up tuition payments through your bank, you can mail those to Diane’s home address:
2355 W. 10950 S., South Jordan, UT 84095
Please Do not mail your payment to the studio address.
A monthly newsletter will be sent via e-mail in the first few weeks of the month. Contact Miss Katie at 801-597-8864 or by email at Info@lomodance.com to ensure the correct e-mail address is being used if not received. This is very important. We need your correct email address!!! Please print clearly on your registration forms. This is our way of keeping parents updated on all studio events and issues. Please review the newsletters with students so they are up to date on everything as well. Remember when all else fails, read your newsletter!
There are three observation weeks per year. Those will take place in the first week of September, November, and February. This is the only time during the year that parents are allowed to sit inside the classroom and watch. Friends or relatives are welcome, but no small children please. We strongly recommend that a parent attend observation week to observe how the student is progressing and what needs improving. If your student is taking a class in Studio A or B you can watch from the viewing windows any time.
The waiting areas are not set up for long term waiting. We love all of our younger siblings, and we completely understand the need to bring them with you. All we ask is that you respect our property and not allow your children to destroy our studio space. This includes cleaning up after yourselves and disposing of any garbage, diapers and other trash. Water only is allowed in the waiting areas.
We love our viewing windows. However, there have been some problems in the past. Here are our guidelines:
- Please do NOT stand on chairs or stools as this is a safety issue.
- Please do NOT pound or tap on the glass. This disrupts the class in session and causes more work for our cleaning staff.
- Please do NOT interrupt a class that is in session to correct or discipline your student. The teacher can handle that.
- If choosing to stay and observe, please do NOT allow siblings or small children to run around the waiting area. It is small and makes navigating the hallway difficult. Also, if your child makes a mess, please clean it up. Thank you!
As we said before, we love our viewing windows and love you supporting your dancer’s progression. However, your dancer is able to focus and progress faster when loved ones aren’t constantly in the viewing windows. Please leave viewing to the first or last 5 minutes of class.
Parking, Drop-off, and Pick-up
If you just want to quickly drop off your dancer, you'll need to do that on the west side of the studio, and have your student walk down the stairs. We are not allowed a drop-off system in front of the main entrance. It is preferred that you park your car and walk your dancer into the studio. Please do not block the drive-thru area. Please use a parking stall if needing to wait for any length of time. When picking up small children, please come into the studio to get them and please go over safety rules with them. Dancers are not allowed to wait outside to be picked up.
It is essential for your dancer to attend as many classes as possible. Poor attendance will result in the student getting behind, and will put the team at risk. If a dancer misses more than three times in one class during the dance year, the student will most likely be pulled from that dance or at least part of the dance, or a performance. If a dancer has more than four absences in one class during the year, the student will most like be pulled from the class entirely. It is our policy that a student not miss more than three times during the dance year (Sept – June). All absences need to be excused with the teacher of the class that is missed. Please keep in mind that four absences in one class are equivalent to missing a full month of dance. Please keep dancers home when they are sick and contagious. Please do NOT bring sick siblings into the studio to pick up a student. If a vacation is planned, or a dancer needs to miss between the months of January and April, a signed note will need to be brought to each teacher with the dates that will be missed at least one month in advance. Try not to miss a class at all between the months of January and April as this is when we are cleaning our dances and getting ready for competitions and performances. We do NOT want to pull a student from a dance but reserve the right to do so if attendance issues become a problem. If your child needs to sit out of a class and just watch, she/he will need to bring a note to the teacher explaining why she/he is sitting out. Otherwise, the student will not be allowed to sit.
Please mark the following dates on your calendars. We will not be holding dance classes on the following dates. (Reminders or changes will be posted in your newsletters.) We always hold classes on Martin Luther King day and President’s Day.
- Labor Day – Monday, September 2nd
- Fall Recess UEA – Monday, October 21st – Sunday, October 27th (classes resume on Monday, October 28th) This is based on the Jordan School District Calendar.
- Halloween – Thursday, October 31st
- Thanksgiving Holiday – Wednesday, November 20th – Sunday, November 24th
- Christmas Break – Saturday, December 21st – Wednesday, January 1st. (Classes resume on Thursday, January 2nd.)
- Spring Break – Monday, April 6th – Sunday, April 12th (Classes resume Monday, April 13th)
- Memorial Day Weekend – Friday, May 23rd – Monday, May 25th (Classes resume on Tuesday, May 26th.)
Recital and Competition Dates
We’ll let you know the exact dates when we have them. All dancers will do at least two or three performances or competitions. The younger students will perform at a senior retirement facility as well as the spring recital. All competition students will have several competitions, a spacing rehearsal, and the Spring Recital. Some of our teams will also be invited to perform at High Schools and Universities for half times and concerts as guest performers. We’ll let you know dates as we get them.
- Rehearsals for all dancers – Tuesday, May 12th and Wednesday, May 13th
- Year End Recital – Saturday, May 16th – All Local Motion dancers
- All other competition dates will be posted as soon as we have them.
- All non-competitive performance dates will be posted as soon as we’ve scheduled them.
All students need to come to class prepared to dance. All dancers should always have hair in a bun. Required dancewear:
- Pre-school classes can come to class in any style leotard and tights that they wish to wear. Tutus and dance skirts are welcome.
- All other students are required to come to class in black spanky shorts, tan footless or convertible tights, a black fitted tank or camisole leotard and a black sports bra (if needed). For ballet classes, a black tank or camisole leotard, sports bra, and tan tights only. (no shorts or baggy shirts)
- Hip-Hop Classes may attend class in t-shirts and warm-up pants or sweats.
- Jazz and Contemporary Teams - half sole tan leather technique shoes
- Acro – No shoes
- Pre-school Tap – Black patent leather beginning style tap shoe
- Tap Teams – Black lace-up oxford style. (No pull on tap shoes). (Ask teachers if you are confused. Do not buy the patent leather beginning style shoes for level 2-4. Patent leather style is fine for non-competitive and level 1)
- Hip-Hop - Any type of tennis shoe, but for performances, special shoes will be required as part of the costume. This is NOT included in the costume or team fees.
- Pre-school Ballet – pink ballet shoes
- Ballet – Pink canvas split sole technique shoes.
- • Pointe – Pink satin pointe shoes. You will need to go to a dancewear store that knows how to fit you for pointe shoes. We suggest Dance Wear Inc in Sandy. You’ll need to make a fitting appointment with the store. Do not wear them until your teacher has told you if your shoes fit properly.
Code of Conduct
As a student of Local Motion Dance Studio, it is expected that students will behave courteously and respectfully toward fellow dancers, teachers, studio staff, directors and other parents. Any bullying toward other dancers, teachers, studio staff, directors and other parents will NOT be tolerated. This includes anything in person or online. Students are expected to pay attention during lessons and implement techniques as directed by teachers. Excessive talking and disrupting class will NOT be tolerated and will result in the student being removed from the class and their parent/guardian being notified. Students will be punctual and dress appropriately for class so that they can participate and have a class start on time. Students will abstain from using alcohol and any drug that will impair their abilities to participate in class, by doing so will risk being removed from the studio permanently. Students should understand that local law enforcement will be notified of any impairment if they come to dance while intoxicated. Theft will NOT be tolerated and if found that any student stole from another dancer, teacher, studio staff member, director or parent, local law enforcement will be notified and charges will be levied. This code of conduct will be strictly enforced by the directors and teachers. If not followed the student will be either removed from certain classes or removed from the studio.